Thursday, March 31, 2011

Mouth Movements :) :D

Hey guys, so recently I posted a short video with a new style of mouth movements.

Lego Stare Dad

The new movements (now with individual mouths for each syllable) has received a mixed reaction. Some people LOVE it, but others seems to HATE it. 


Basically I was trying to emulate a "Robot Chicken" esque format and apply it to my own Lego people. Once finished, I thought it looked great, and was excited to post the test. However after thinking about it for some time I realized it wasn't right. That it felt strange and detached. Mommy Monkey from YouTube channel TheFourMonkeys (she plays Batgirl, lol) summed it up to me the best:


"I find them to be extremely unnatural and very distracting to the rest of the video. I find myself just looking at the mouths, because they stand out so much, instead of watching the rest of the video as I should."


So I've decided to return to the old mouth movement system. It's kinda hard for me, because I like being consistant, to keep that Stare Dad video up. Having one video with different mouth movements is just gonna bother the hell outta me. Haha. I'm weird like that.


I think the old movements work better, and obviously, they take WAY-hay-haaaay less time to make. Meaning videos won't take a thousand years to create. 


Only a few months, lol. Which I know to some of you, might FEEL like a thousand years. I'm no freddiew. I can't produce a video every week. I have to balance school and work. And by "balance" I mean like 75% school, 25% work. Haha.


Anywho, thanks for reading this people. I hope your not too ticked off at me. Most of you probably won't even care, but I know there are going to be a select few comments on my upcoming Lego film that go along the lines of:


"wtf?? why r u back to the old moth movmunts? this is retarded unsubed"


And while I doubt this blog will prevent any of those, I just like to keep you guys in the loop as much as possible. Thanks!


-Forrest

4 comments:

  1. Perhaps you can not try to make the mouth movements like in Stare dad, but you could make it like the mouth movement in thefourmonkeys's videos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that this kind a mouth movement was good for this video. But it wouldn't fit into Lego Batman or anything at all. I mean look at your older videos - they're that awesome that it would be so strange!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Forrest, I'm a stop motion animator myself, but i'm not as good as you. I love what you do and it inspired me to do stop motion. you should keep up with those stop motion videos. I'm also looking forward to the "zombie universe" video on the 21st. Do what you do best.

    ReplyDelete